Chibi Chibi Con is proud to have posters made every year by local artists! Here’s the info you’ll need about this year’s contest. Make sure to read everything before submitting your design!
The first place contest winner will receive:
- A 6-foot table space in the Artist Alley at Chibi Chibi Con 2019
- A bundle of Chibi Chibi Con merch
- Several prints of their poster
NEW! The second and third place winners will receive:
- A Greener Bookstore prize pack with assorted art supplies from Evergreen’s very own Greener Bookstore!
- A bundle of Chibi Chibi Con merch
Prizes can be redeemed only at Chibi Chibi Con 2019. The winner does not need to attend CCC in order to win, and if they so choose can forfeit the prizes. Forfeited prizes will be passed to the next place.
File formatting and submission guidelines:
- Submissions are open until January 5th, 2019, 11:59 PM.
- Submission must be a full poster, 11 by 17 inches.
- NEW! Export your full poster (a file with your 11 by 17 inches poster) and mascot (a file with just the mascot and a transparent background) as PNGs, at least 300dpi.
- Keep your working file (psd, indd, sai, etc). This is essential! You may need to make small changes to your poster should you win.
- NEW! Please name your files accordingly: fullname_poster.png and fullname_mascot.png (example: jemdoe_poster.png – you may use whatever name you wish to be credited by)
- Digital file submissions only, sent to email@example.com with the subject line: MASCOT POSTER SUBMISSION 2019.
- NEW! Along with your submission, please include in your email the name by which and a website or link with which you prefer to be credited. Collaborations are great–just make sure to supply credits for all participants or for your studio when you submit your work, and decide together how you will split the prizes should you win.
Poster content guidelines:
- Pink/red/green color scheme is encouraged–not a hard and fast rule, though! Blues go nicely with this, too.
- Gear motifs encouraged
- Location (The Evergreen State College)
- A place for the date (FEB XX 20XX)
- Time (Noon to 11pm)
- “Admission is free”
- List of what is offered during the convention (artist alley, panels, maid cafe, dance, cosplay contest, lipsync contest, etc).
- Website (eg: “Learn more at chibichibicon.com” PLEASE NOTE it’s .com now!)
- A space for our logo
- “Sponsored by The GReener Anime Society”
- All art (from line art to colors) must be original–no tracing, copying, or stolen art permitted. Original designs only–don’t go putting the mascot character in Naruto’s clothes, please!
- Keep in mind this is an all ages event on public property; all designs must be appropriate.
- Optional: an unobtrusive signature
We suggest looking at past poster winners to take inspiration for your mascot design! We have dubbed our ever-shifting mascot Chibi-chan, and encourage you to take part in her evolution. The first incarnation of CCC’s mascot character was a red-haired girl with a bob haircut, in a crop top and plaid skirt, with robotic limbs. Somewhere along the way she gained cat ears and a tail! She also picked up a green squirrel companion, but the squirrel is not required by any means.
How you choose to interpret Chibi-chan is up to you! Here are some attributes to keep in mind:
- Pink hair
- Robotic limbs
- Cat ears and tail
That being said, make a design that you feel represents Chibi Chibi Con!
PLEASE NOTE: Winning designs will be printed and used by GRAS (GReener Anime Society, the student group that coordinates Chibi Chibi Con) to advertise and fundraise for GRAS and Chibi Chibi Con. Submissions will be printed and used by GRAS as advertising, including but not limited to: posters, flyers, handbills, and internet ads. We may use your art on our social media accounts, in emails, on merchandise, and on promotional items. Parts of submissions may be omitted or edited. We may use winning designs to make merch, including but not limited to buttons, stickers, prints, and t-shirts. Your work will always be credited. By submitting a poster design you acknowledge that if your submission is selected you give GRAS license to edit, print, sell, and otherwise distribute the winning design and derivative versions in perpetuity.
What can I do with my design?
Keep your design secret until we announce a winner! After the winner is chosen, regardless of whether you win, you may:
- Sell your poster design as a full sized, branded print at CCC or elsewhere
- Share your design online
Please keep in mind that once a design is public it can never be resubmitted to our contest.
You may not:
- Sell your design in any form other than full sized prints (11″x17″), or sell full prints “unbranded” (without “chibi chibi con” text on them). Forms other than full sized prints include small merch like stickers, buttons, or keychains. Your design is based on our mascot, Chibi-chan, and unauthorized merch of her cuts into our merch profits, one of the ways CCC raises money.
How is the winner selected?
Submissions are stripped of all identifying information and put to vote at a GRAS club meeting.
*GRAS HAS THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR EDIT ANY OF THE GUIDELINES ABOVE AT ANY TIME*