This 2019, get ready to lip-sync for your life!
Thank you for your interest in the
- Please remember that CCC is a family-friendly event and on campus grounds, so keep song choices PG-13 rated. We have the right to deny your song choice and have you choose another.
- Group lip-syncs of over two people will unfortunately not be allowed, but our contest is open to pairs/duos!
- Entry is limited to one (1) entry per person/group.
- Please keep song choices under four minutes in length. We also ask that you send us a Youtube link of the song you have chosen in your application.
- Cosplay is not required of contestants, however, it is highly encouraged!
- All contestants must enter and exit the stage at the designated areas and nowhere else. We cannot permit any jumping on or off stage, throwing anything, offensive language, political statements or gestures or any other activity that is against convention policy or would otherwise disturb the convention’s family friendly environment.
- Contestants will be judged on lip-syncing, choreography, and stage presence by panel of three judges (including last year’s winner!), so get hype!
- Winners will include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, as well as a judge’s choice! Winners will receive prizes.
- The contest will begin at TBA, and we’d like to ask contestants to arrive half an hour before for role call, as well as sound check and stage checks.
- This year we’d like to ask for you to apply with at least two song choices to avoid overlap. Applications are first-come-first-serve and you may be asked to perform your second song if a previous contestant has already chosen it.
- Contest applications will close online a week and a half before con! This will allow us to comb through all the applications and send out confirmation prior to con.
- Props are allowed, but MUST follow guidelines shown in our cosplay rules. There will be no exceptions!
If you have any more questions about song choice or otherwise, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.