Welcome contestants, to the Chibi Chibi Con 2018 Cosplay Contest!
Online Registration: CLOSED
Click here to register as a contestant today! Registration is open until February 7th, 2018.
Pre-Judge line up*: 12:10pm
Contest Start Time: 2:00pm
Please read the rules before you register!
- Cosplay Contest registration is online only. This will be open until TBA. No on-site registration will be accepted.
- Fill out your entry forms clearly, and do not skip portions. If you worry your character name or stage name will be mispronounced, feel free to include phonetic pronunciation to the side of it. The MC’s will double check your name pronunciation when lining you up for pre-judging.
- NEW! Due to our growing attendance and applications, we will have two categories at our cosplay contest this year that can be signed up for, rookie and intermediate. Rookie category does not require costumes to be self-made, and will be judge primarily on performance! People who are new to walk-on contests are also welcome to this category. Intermediate category will be for cosplay contest regulars, and we encourage people who have entirely self-made costumes to join this category. There will be more of a judge focus on costume construction for Intermediate applicants.
- NEW! This does not change Chibi Chibi Con’s Cosplay Contest into a Journeyman and Novice competition, we are still considered a Novice competition by all means! These categories are just meant to encourage applications across all skill levels and interests.
- There will be a cap of 50 slots for our Cosplay Contest this year for all contestants. We will have 10 slots set aside for waitlist. There are no on-site registrations, so please register as soon as possible to ensure your place in our contest. Once our 50 spaces are filled up there will be no more openings as any contestants that drop out prior to day of will have spaces taken by our waitlist.
- If for any reason you are confused, or have concerns about your entry, please contact the Cosplay Contest representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will close applications for Chibi Chibi Con on TBA.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Participants must submit a completed entry form in order to participate in the Cosplay Contest.
- The contest is open to all Chibi Chibi Con attendees for free, regardless of whether the entrant made the costume they are wearing or not. The contest is open to all character costumes regardless of origin – anime, television, video game, live action, original designs etc. The only rule is all costumes must adhere to the rules and policies of the convention.
- ALL entries must be a person in costume. Costumes for or on dolls, puppets, other inanimate objects or animals cannot be accommodated.
- You may enter as a group, but the limit is 5 people. To fill out the application as a group, in the character section start with “Group” followed by the characters. (eg.: Group with Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven.)
- Costumes MUST cover areas normally covered by swimsuits or underwear – i.e. breasts, genitals and buttocks. Thongs are not permitted. For safety reasons, you must have footwear at ALL TIMES. If your character does not wear shoes, lack of accuracy will be forgiven.
- Chibi Chibi Con’s 2018 Cosplay Contest will be catwalk format only. We are unable to accommodate skits. Each contestant will have 30-45 seconds to cross the stage, pose, and display their costumes for the audience and photographers, then exit the stage. Contestants will not be given a mic for any reason. We will provide music and cannot accommodate music brought by contestants. Our MC can mention things of note cosplayers add to their application early on if requested!
- All contestants must be present for line up approximately one hour before the Contest. Show up early if possible to be given time to line up in order of the number you received at registration as well as time to check the stage and practice walks prior to the contest. A 15-minute leeway will be given to enter the main event room for contestants, but entry will be closed at 12:30pm after to begin pre-judging. Failure to be present for lineup will result in disqualification with no exceptions. All small children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- A staff member with a list of all contestant names will be at the contest entryway to direct you inside. Further directions for contestant seating and stage rules will be given before the contest starts. Questions and concerns may be asked at this time, however if there is any accommodations you need for help on stage as well as off please let us know before-hand in an email or on your application form.
- The awards will be as follows: 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category, and judges will give a judge’s choice award as they see fit.
- No portfolios, reference pictures or progress pictures are needed or accepted due to a limited time frame. Judges will review contestants during line-up and pre-judging for further information on your costume. Credit will be given to those making their own costumes, but none will be taken away from those who did not.
- Contestants will be judged on overall quality of the costume, stage presentation, as well as presence and interpretation of the character.
- All contestants must enter and exit the stage at the designated areas and nowhere else. We cannot permit any jumping on or off stage, throwing anything, offensive language, political statements or gestures or any other activity that is against convention policy or would otherwise disturb the convention’s family friendly environment.
- Costumes must be self-contained. (i.e. your costume cannot have any wire or electrical hook-ups to wall sockets.) Due to safety concerns, NOTHING may be thrown, sprayed or otherwise projected by contestants at anyone or anything (to include one another) while on stage. Props should NEVER leave a contestant’s hands while on stage.
- Failure to comply with these or any other Chibi Chibi Con staff instructions will result in disqualification. Severe infractions can result in ejection from the premises. Our goal is to have fun in a safe, fun contest in a family friendly environment! Thank you for your cooperation.