In certain situations – such as a weather emergency, environmental hazard (chemical release, air pollution), or local emergency (nearby police activity), College officials may direct you to shelter in place.
When it is necessary to shelter in place, you should:
- Remain calm
- If you are outside, seek cover in the nearest building. Do not wait until you see or smell the hazard to seek shelter.
- Once inside, find an interior room or hallway and await further instructions. Stay away from exterior windows.
- Close and lock all exterior doors and windows (to avoid inadvertent opening).
- Do not leave until an “all clear” is received.
- Watch Chibi Chibi Con social media, like Twitter, for updates on the situation.